Friday, January 18, 2013

Chairs, Art, Pillows and HGTV's David Bromstadt


The whirlwind day!! It was a 12 hour one but man did I find some fun things!! We have our Christmas trees planned and ordered for next year thanks to our friends at Santas’ Own Tree Company. I’m loving this new soft green balsam pine with great layering and Staylit clear lights.
Then spent some time at Surya rugs. See my other FB posts for details and comment if you have a rug style or color that you’re looking for as I plan to bring in some new samples. And… I love their pillow line!! Need these for myself!
Spent some time looking at my fav accent furniture showrooms. I love this distressed Acacia cabinet with vintage mirrored accents. It’s a buffet that could work as a piece under a flat screen TV also.
Then…. The 3 pm seminar apparently EVERYONE was waiting for! David Bromstadt from HGTV Color Splash. This was standing room only while David charmed the Audience with his wit and color knowledge. And, what do you know, his favorite color is red too. This is a trend among celeb status decorators apparently!!! He admonished all attending to embrace color and use it wherever it makes you happy! The huge crowd didn’t make it easy to meet with him like I did last summer, but enjoyed the seminar anyway!!
A fun find in artwork .. It’s wood 3D piece just makes me smile!! Arriving soon
Because my husband Al is a pilot, I have been intrigued by all the cool furniture with the retro airplane pieced metal work that looks like a plane wing. This clock does it well without an overstatement..
Really unusual on chairs as well!
Next up.. More art purchases and lets hope I find some outdoor decor for our patio entertaining this summer! More tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment